Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ponderville

Sometimes I slip into one of those "I wonder" deep thought modes and cant escape it because my mind is bombarded with the ever-so-popular question of "WHY?"
As I scroll down my wall on Facebook checking out everyone's new status updates, I notice that there are several that make reference to them wishing it was the weekend. Hell, I wish it was too. But that bothers me and here's why.

As far as we know, this is our only time on Earth- our time to shine. So why do such a large percentage of we Earthly beings choose not to follow a path of doing something we like and are passionate about as a way to lead our lives? Is it because by the time we realize our passions, we are set into another path? Maybe. But it seems as if we wish an enormous amount of our lives away. The time most of us call Monday through Thursday. Perhaps its a little deep for a Wednesday to continue to pry into this phenomenon, but this is a thought that constantly creeps into my mind and settles. This is most likely caused by the fact that nearly everyday as I have my ass planted in my cubicle, I daydream of a career outside; where I'm given the opportunity to work with animals, help the less fortunate in developing countries, utilizing my creative parts, or patenting the new ideas that come to me. There are many who do follow their passions in life and make a living from doing so. Come on though, the better portion of us don't. No, we cant wait until the next day off and often fantasize of doing something completely opposite of that in which our whole lives are consumed of. Sad it is that we wish away our time here when it could've all been so much different if we had only had the matured mind to know what we were doing when we planned our path in adulthood.

No comments: