Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

FEELING DOWN? DRESS UP.

This week, I've felt really blah. I wasn't feeling very well and everyday I woke up, Id throw on whatever clothes were most convenient to wear and scuffle out the door without a trace of makeup and my hair messily pulled back in a pony.

Once I got to work, I was having a hard time finding the motivation to be productive. I was self-wallowing as I thought, "Im sick and I cannot stand being here right now."
Little did I know, it was all about my attitude.

Being the fourth day of feeling like dog doo, I was so over it this morning. I woke up at the exact time my alarm told me to, showered, made my hair look like I care, dolled up my eyes and lips, and put on a power outfit. I actually walked through the work doors with a smile on my face. I know that today will be a much better day than yesterday and the days before. Yes, I'm still under the weather, but its much more tolerable when I feel better about myself. When you're feeling down, you have to dress up!

In other words, feeling frumpy makes you act frumpy!

No comments: